Saturday, December 4, 2010

My talk and trip to AZ




My talk went very well, for all those who don't already know. I'm still having people come up to me to tell me how much they liked/appreciated it. I went over 5min, but I think I stayed under 10min. It was great, because the guy going right after me used to be Isaac's roommate when Isaac and I first started dating. That helped, because I felt a little less nervous having someone up on stage that I knew. Also, Isaac was sitting in the back, and right over to my left side were some warm familiar faces from the apartments Isaac used to live in. the talk felt good, and even though I wasn't really trying for it, I was told I was pretty entertaining (had people both laughing and emotional). 
My trip to Arizona was awesome! Isaac was awesome and drove most of the time. We enjoyed the scenery mostly, and talked about future plans to take another trip when we have more time to enjoy the actual drive... ya know, like stopping off and doing some site-seeing.
Stayed at Christine's house the first night and woke up to an awesome breakfast. Went to my dad's Saturday morning for a minute, but he was in a hurry to get down to Tucson for Heather's baby shower. So, we went to the Mesa Temple, then over to Chuck's so he and his wife could meet Isaac, then we drove down to Tucson right after. It was so awesome seeing Chuck. Even though we couldn't stay long, I felt as though Chuck got to know Isaac enough to give me the thumbs up. 
Looking like a hotty 

still trying to figure out with the spiking things are, I tried telling him not to touch it

Mesa Temple

    I tried to patch things up with Heather (the sister who kicked me out of her wedding)-bought her tons of gifts for her baby and was willing to put everything behind me, but before I could say a single word she just freaked out and claimed I was trying to make the day all about me because I brought Isaac along. ...the things that go through that women's head, I'll never understand. Oh well, I tried and everyone knows it, but not even Jesus could make everyone like him (not saying I'm Jesus or anything, but there were those who made him look like the evil one too). At least I got to see some of my family (albeit was for a very short time). 
     Instead of tucking my tail and boo-hooing the day away, (yes, I did cry) but I didn't miss a beat. Isaac and I jetted over to the Pima Air and Space Museum; it was like watching a kid at Disney Land for the first time. Ever since Isaac was four years old he's known he's wanted to be a fighter pilot flying F-16's. All his life he's done everything with that goal in mind. Now, Isaac's in the Air Force ROTC program and we will know by March sometime if he gets a pilot slot (I have no doubt he will). (I love a goal oriented man)



This image captures the essence of what Isaac is feeling


Isaac is so happy :) 
This one was HUGE! 

I think Isaac said this is the aircraft NASA uses to help the guys experience zero G's


We didn't see any F-16's, but this is a fighter craft of some sort, I think


And a big THANK YOU to all the men and women who serve in the military for this beautiful country!


Always looking up :) 

That night we hung out with Marisa for dinner and Katie and Fabio for dessert. Stayed at Marisa's house that night and she baked us some of her yummy cookies to take back with us. 
The next day we went to the Binghampton Ward sacrament meeting, then stopped by the Ray's to say hi real quick. 
This trip was not nearly long enough! I wish we had a least a week so I could take Isaac all around places in Arizona---we could go through the Hover damn, see the Grand Canyon, head all the way down to Toumbstone, check out the caves... oh! AND There are sooooo many people to see we didn't get a chance to see this trip. 



No comments:

Post a Comment