Tuesday, October 19, 2010

too little time

Ever feel like there is so much to do and never enough time to do it?
I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed lately. Sometimes it's just nice to sit and veggitate, however, I find when I do that, I just become irritated thinking about all the things I need to do or accomplish.
I haven't really had time to settle into my new place. Boxes and clothes are littered everyone, just because I really have no place to put them. Truthfully, I'm waiting for my bookshelf, so I can start decorating and arranging my stuff around that. It's a huge bookshelf my boyfriend made for me for m birthday. :-)  He's pretty busy with school right now, so hasn't had the chance to put the finishing touches on move it over here. 
I love my new job! Right now I get a little flustered because I'm wanting to know how to do everything right now, and I know that's going to take time. 
Isaac and I are planning on visiting Arizona in a few weekends. Just for a quick day trip so he can meet the family. His family is awesome, and I've met pretty much everyone now, but he hasn't met anyone in my family, so he's a little nervous. Funny thing is, he really has nothing to worry about. My family is pretty accepting of everyone--- but if they don't like someone, they wont hesitate to tell them either. I'm more worried about all the hours of driving. Alone, I'm fine. With someone else, I tend to get a bit irritable. Long road trips aren't a problem for me, I've done them plenty of times...alone... should be interesting.
This Sunday I'm speaking in the Stake conference. Got a call Thursday night asking if I would give a five minute talk on my conversion story. FIVE MINUTES?! It's going to take longer than that, OR a miracle to get what I want to say down to five minutes. But who knows, I might just end up talking super fast in front of 800 or so people. 
Oh! And for anyone who's reading this that's not on facebook, I got a new phone number. Feel free to comment on here and ask for my number if you would like it. I don't want it published. :)  

4 comments:

  1. You'll do great Jen. Say a prayer and ask for help. It might help to write/plan out your talk and then time it to see how it flows. that usually helps me.

    Sorry you feel overwhelmed, just take a breath. Not everything has to be finished today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow speaking in stake conference Jen...you will do great! Hey text me tour new number... I'm sure your fam will love him!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen! I'm so proud of you!! And yes, it will be difficult to sum up your life in 5 minutes!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jennifer,
    I'm a fellow Jennifer and thought I should introduce myself as I am Issac's cousin. :) I noticed your blog and wanted to get to know you a little as ALL if Issac's facebook posts are about how in love with you he is. :) I live in Provo and I am not as good as keeping in touch with my cousins as I could be, but still didn't want to let a cyber connection moment slip away. :) I absolutely adore Issac's family. I learned a lot from them in my growing up years and Jane has helped guide me in some of the hardest moments of my life. I'm sure your talk went well in stake conference as conversion stories are ALWAYS the best to listen to. I hope your visit to your family's house was great, and I hope to meet you sometime. Give Issac a squeeze for me, he is so awesome...and as it sounds VERY lucky to have found you. :)

    ReplyDelete