Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pastor Jeffress

After listening to Pastor Jeffress heated discussion claiming that "Mormons" are not Christians and that all "Mormons" are going to hell, and no "real Christian" would vote for someone who is "Mormon" I got waaaaay defensive. It also helped me to realize how strong and firm I am in my testimony and faith of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the actual name of the church, NOT the "Mormon" church. 
Why are there so many people that want to take down the church? Why are there so many people... "Christians" that claim they "know enough" to know that we are not Christians?

My logic is this:
Atheists don't believe in anything.
Christians believe in Christ's teachings. 
Latter-day saints (aka "Mormons") believe in Christ's teaching and that there is a modern day prophet to lead and guide the church today (instead of having a million and one different interpretations of the Gospel of Jesus Christ).

The Atheists say to the Christians, "I don't need your make believe God. You are dumb for believe such an old folk tail, get real."
The Christians say to the Mormons, "I don't believe there was anything past the book of Revelation, the Holy Bible is enough, I don't need another book or a modern day prophet, you're so stupid/mislead for believing a man and a made up book."
The Mormons say to all, "we have the whole truth, all we ask is that you have enough faith and trust to at least ask God of the truthfulness (not some website, not another book about Mormons, not what other people think). 

If someone was truly being honest with themselves, and not so worried about what others think, they too might have the peace and happiness I am experiencing (not to say they don't already, but since when do we stop growing and developing and determine "I don't need more peace and happiness than what I have right now?") My life is far from perfect, I have struggles with health and with work. God doesn't take those struggles away, he just gives me a way to better deal with my trials. As a Latter-day Saint, I try my hardest to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, but heck, I am FAR from perfect. There are days you might swear I have no belief, and on that day, I just might really be struggling, feeling lonely, depressed, angry for whatever reason: I AM HUMAN. But God gave us a way to peace and happiness. In my darkest hour I can at least turn to Him and he will always be there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment